Back to top

Gartner report urging product leaders to adopt sustainability by design and make carbon measurement a priority – names Cloudfm

Published 25/05/2022

Cloudfm has been recognised as a Sample Vendor in the Asset Optimization category in 2022 Gartner® report titled, “Emerging Technologies and Trends Impact Radar: Environmental Sustainability”.

Gartner, Inc. delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams.

This report states, “This Impact Radar provides product leaders a view of the emerging sustainability technologies, strategies and trends that are increasingly taking foothold. Product leaders must adopt sustainability by design and make carbon measurement a priority to help clients achieve their climate goals.”

Across the facilities management industry. Cloudfm has led the way in introducing the principles and technologies of IoT-enabled predictive maintenance. It has partnered successfully with national institutions such as the NHS, universities and education to develop a proven model.

In highlighting the UK Government’s 2050 net zero targets, this report emphasises, “On the path of a “net zero” future by around 2050, renewable energy sources and energy efficiency will address around 55% of greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions.” Further it says, “The remaining 45% (of carbon emissions) are derived from everyday activities and specifically the production, distribution and consumption of general products, services and goods.”

Commenting on the report Jeff Dewing, CEO of Cloudfm, said: “As a business, we recognised the early potential of IoT to combine data and technology to drive efficiency and maximise environmental savings. Investment in leading-edge technology and building strong partnerships with behavioural scientists at the University of Essex helped provide the cornerstone of our IoT predictive maintenance offer.

“Asset optimisation has a key role to play in environmental sustainability. The technology is available now to help organisations drive change and see immediate environmental benefits. We fully support the key actions highlighted in the report, including advocating accelerated adoption of IoT-enabled technologies by delivering concrete sustainability results in addition to conventional outcomes such as productivity, reliability, and availability.”

Cloudfm leads the shift from preventative maintenance and emergency response to an intelligence-led real-time model with Mindsett, a predictive IoT platform. Trials have proven that Mindsett extends the lifespan of assets and improves efficiency due to maximising operational efficiency.

David Attoe, IoT development director at Cloudfm, said: “Companies need a holistic approach to facilities management that delivers cost savings and environmental benefits in equal measure. Mindsett is designed to build accountability and transparency across the supply chain and provide the data essential to enabling behavioural change.”

Mindsett combines IoT sensors with artificial intelligence and machine learning to reduce costs and eliminate waste. The benefits go wider with a compliance and risk module that allow users to demonstrate the potential savings from asset monitoring and monitor changes in temperature or failures that could cause issues such as legionella or impair emergency lighting.

[1] Gartner, “Emerging Technologies and Trends Impact Radar: Environmental Sustainability”, Annette Zimmermann, 4 April 2022. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Other reports from Gartner® in which Cloudfm are referenced:
‘Market Guide: for Energy Management and Optimization Systems’ – 26 September 2022
Market Guide: for Commercial and Industrial Energy Management and Optimization Systems‘ – 1 November 2022

Stark warnings on lack of compliance apply to all sectors View article
Extensive trials show that technology combined with behavioural science, reduces energy consumption by 20% View article

Contact Us

Contact us to arrange an informal discussion based on your organisation’s needs, face to face, online or on the telephone, whatever’s more convenient for you.

Contact Cloudfm